The ACSI Student Activities Program encourages and inspires students toward a standard of excellence in leadership, communication, and performance in both academic and fine arts programs.
Through Bethany Christian School’s vibrant participation as a member school, our students are able to apply and develop skills necessary for confident Christian leadership.
Students participate at the school level and progress to compete at the district and regional levels.
We embrace these program objectives for our students:
- Aid in the development of skills necessary for Christian leadership
- Complement the learning process
- Practice skills needed in order to be an effective communicator
- Participate competitively in order to strengthen composure and confidence
- Provide for a time of fun and fellowship with a larger community
While our Rocky Mountain District’s events may vary, generally BCS students actively engage in the following events:
- Art Festival: Student submitted artwork is evaluated and awarded ribbons for recognition.
- Creative Writing: Student submitted writing is evaluated and awarded for talent and inventiveness.
- Geography Bee: Middle school students participate in this event, the top three compete in the Regional Event.
- Math by Mail: Elementary and middle school students participate in reasoning and comprehension events at the school level.
- Math Olympics: Elementary and middle school students participate in reasoning and comprehension events at the regional level.
- Spelling Bee: Students progress through district, regional, and ultimately national spelling bee competition. (Many Bethany Christian School students have made it to regionals, and two students have qualified for nationals.)
- Yearbook: Student yearbooks are evaluated and awarded based on design layout, theme, structure, copy, photography, font design and overall creativity.
We are proud of our school’s accomplishments in the various ASCI Events. If you are interested in being a part of our success, please call our office at (480) 752-8993 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2016||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1 2nd place, 1 4th place|
|2016||ACSI Regional Math by Mail||1 4th place|
|2016||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||1 4th place, 1 5th place|
|2016||ACSI Regional Art Festival||1 Superior, 5 Excellent|
|2015||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2015||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||1st place overall|
|2015||Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge||Most Creative Secondary Mission|
|2015||ACSI Regional Art Festival||2 Superiors|
|2014||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2014||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||1 1st place|
|2014||Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge||Best Mission Patch|
|2014||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place overall|
|2014||ACSI Regional Art Festival||4 Superiors|
|2014||ACSI Creative Writing||1 student published|
|2013||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2013||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||3 2nd place|
|2013||Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge||First Year to Compete|
|2013||ACSI Regional Speech Meet||4 Superiors|
|2013||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place overall|
|2013||ASCI Creative Writing||3 students published|
|2012||ASCI Regional Speech Meet||5 Superior, 4 Excellent, 1 Good|
|2012||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||7 out of 10 students earned ribbons|
|2012||ACSI Regional Math by Mail||2 1st place, 2 2nd place, 2 3rd place, 1 4th place|
|2012||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||4th overall; earned 1st place in 3rd and 8th grade|
|2012||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2012||ACSI Regional Science Fair||2nd and 3rd place overall|
|2011||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2011||SAT10 Scores||Ranked 16-39% above national average|
|2011||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2011||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||8 students earned medals|
|2011||ACSI Regional Math by Mail||2 1st place, 2 2nd place, 2 3rd place, 1 4th place|
|2010||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2010||ACSI Regional Science Fair||1st place overall|
|2009||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2009||ACSI Regional Science Fair||1st place overall and best of show|
|2008||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|