We believe life has meaning and significance only in relationship to God. We lead each student toward a relationship with Jesus Christ and encourage each one to reach his or her unique potential in Christ – academically, spiritually, socially, physically, and creatively.
The purpose of Bethany Christian School is to provide an excellent academic program permeated with Christian love and faith, to establish and maintain an atmosphere that will encourage personal faith in Christ and the building of Christian character, and to be cooperative with every other sincere Christian effort but to be independent of all denominational ties.
Bethany Christian School delivers academic excellence from a biblical worldview in a caring, Christ-centered environment. By partnering with parents, we help students develop critical-thinking skills and a strong foundation to recognize their God-given talents and gifts, so that they may become confident, intentional Christian leaders.
In partnership with parents and for students, we choose to embrace:
- Recognizing truth is from God as embodied in the Bible and is portrayed through our curriculum and textbooks
- Equipping students to discover, develop, and use their gifts and talents
- Encouraging students to practice the personal spiritual disciplines of prayer, worship, Bible study, giving, service, and evangelism
- Stimulating independent, creative, and critical thinking
- Providing a thorough academic foundation for each student’s future
- Affirming an individual sense of personal worth as a unique creation of God
- Promoting strong relationships through respect and acceptance of one another
- Modeling and encouraging Christ-like behavior
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired Word of God without error.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully human and fully God (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His death on the cross for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9,); His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that every person, because of his or her own sin, is in need of personal salvation and that this salvation is available as a free gift of God’s Grace to all who believe in Jesus Christ alone. (John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5-6)
- We believe in the reality of heaven for those who are saved and the reality of hell for those who are not. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is alive and active in all believers and is their source of strength for living in a way that pleases God. (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18)
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline at Bethany Christian Schools, Inc. the Board of Directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexuality immorality (including but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, incest, use of pornography and sexual abuse or improprieties toward minors as defined by scripture and federal or state law) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Bethany Christian School and to provide a biblical role model to the School’s students, families and community, it is imperative that all families at the School, persons employed by the School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22.)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accordance with Scripture or the doctrines of Bethany Christian School.
Expected Student Outcomes
The expected outcomes of students who graduate from the 8th grade at Bethany Christian School is they will have a Biblical/Christian worldview and be competent in the areas of Spiritual Formation, Academics and Community.
BCS Definition of Spiritual Formation:
Christian Spiritual Formation occurs as we surrender our lives to God, allowing the Holy Spirit to transform us. Ultimately this process will conform us to the image of Christ, which will be evident in all matters of life.
Spiritual: To teach students how to listen to, walk with, and be more like Christ.
- Understand the need for salvation
- Commit to a personal relationship with Christ
- Know, understand and apply God’s Word in their lives
- Participate in mission and outreach events on and off campus without bias toward others
- Articulate and defend their Christian worldview
- Understand that every person has worth and value, and that this will be reflected in their daily lives by the way they interact with others
- Pursue a lifestyle that reflects the fruit of the Spirit
- Understand the importance of regular church attendance
- Actively serve in church and in the community
- Think critically about issues affecting society as a whole, and themselves individually, and to weigh decisions against God’s Word
Academic: To educate students to find their passion and develop their gifts and talents to love and to serve God in all aspects of life.
Students will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Language arts (reading, writing, grammar, speaking, and listening), history, math, and science
- Appreciation of literature, other cultures and the arts
- Understand the value of education and work diligently in their classes
- Use technology appropriately and be able to discern credible sources of information
- Work and socialize well with others, in the classroom and in other environments
School Community: To provide a safe, caring environment where students and families are encouraged to love your neighbor as yourself.
- Have an appreciation for God’s creation and responsibly care for it
- Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly
- Respect others and interact with them in their daily lives
- Be able to work effectively in a group to complete projects
To learn more or to schedule a tour, please call our office at (480) 752-8993 or email us at email@example.com.