Athletics, rightly understood as an integral part of education, complements our greater mission at Bethany Christian School.
The Athletic Program at Bethany Christian School aims to:
- Provide well-grounded instruction of fundamental skill areas
- Emphasize and model character development in the areas of fair play, teamwork, selflessness, integrity, and respect
- Provide league, non-league, and tournament game opportunities
Students are provided the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports at various levels of competition, based on the normal stages of a child’s development.
Elementary Intramural Sports (Grades K-5):
Mighty Cats is an after-school co-ed intramural program that provides beginner level competition in a fun, highly successful environment.
- Players rotate in and out of play based on a number system and will play an equal amount of time.
Feeder Program (Grades 5-6):
- The feeder program provides beginner to intermediate level of competition which will best prepare the individual for the next level of competition.
- Teams compete with other private or charter schools independent of a league.
- It provides fundamental principles of team offense and defense.
- Players dressed for play receive balanced opportunities to play in the game.
Competitive Program (Grades 6-8):
- The competitive program provides an intermediate to more advanced level of competition in order to prepare students for high school competition.
- Emphasis is placed on fundamental skill instruction that focuses on team offense and defense strategies.
- Placement on the team is based on skill and ability in order to achieve the best competitive advantage possible.
- Teams compete in the Valley Christian Schools League. The league mission statement reads: “This league exists to develop middle school-athletics, who strive to develop character, sportsmanship and life-lessons through competitive sports.”
To learn more or to schedule a tour, please call our office at (480) 752-8993 or email us at email@example.com.